Re: Verifiable Text-based Claims

On 09/12/2017 05:13 PM, Adam Sobieski wrote:
> I’m exploring and sketching some ideas with regard to verifiable
> text-based claims.
>
> https://w3c-ccg.github.io/verifiable-news/sketchpad.html
>
> Questions, comments and suggestions welcomed.

I don't have a lot of time to review right now but I noticed that the
data modeling needs work -- `claim` should point at a node in the graph
with an identifier for the "thing" that the claim is about.

One approach could be for that node to include the ID (url) for the
article, some type information, and the content of the article. But
that's really just asserting that some things were said in an article.
Other approaches that have been considered focus on using schema.org
Reviews with links and timestamp/hash information on what was reviewed
and some "truthiness" measure. Hashes are tricky as the content may
change due to minor editorial updates.

--
Dave Longley
CTO