Re: DID Spec "Hardening" Proposal (was: Re: DID PR review deadline: October 24)

fwiw;

1. Roger Clarke has done alot of work on the identity subject over the
years.  http://www.rogerclarke.com/ID/IdModel-1002.html  being a
constituent of http://www.rogerclarke.com/ID/#IdIS

2. The means in which we construct our 'identity' is as diverse as other
parts of our make-up both biologically and environmentally.  the technical
standards needed to transfer or make notations of our-beings in a form that
is increasingly relied upon others; is quite different to the construct in
which those standards are used.

Its my view that 'human identity' is a (self-)organised arrangement of ACLd
systems of records both static and dynamic; and that those systems do not
ideally have, any singular point of informatics failure.  (meaning - 'one
ring to rule them all', no matter its construct)

Alot of the work involved in framing that (or contrary) view(s); are beyond
the scope of W3C, as the required discussion is about the use of technology
more than the definition of new technology - whilst noting, both are of
course important.  particularly also, the means for interoperability.

different groups will have different views, for different reasons.  this is
in-turn a constituent of the diversity aspect which is an important
constituent of digital identity definitions. (noting that others denote
'sameness').

tim.h.