Re: Credential Handler API Polyfill (video demo)

On 2 October 2017 at 17:38, Dave Longley <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
> On 10/01/2017 06:07 AM, Roman Evstifeev wrote:
>>
>> Hm...at the step of storing a passport narrator says that you should be
>> redirected to the credential handler website. The page really looks like
>> handler website (blue page header), but the url really does not change - it
>> still remains the issuer address... This is confusing. Is this just a demo
>> being incomplete yet? Or am I not getting how the process should look like?
>

> What you're seeing there is a "contextual window" which is a new concept
> where it's unclear how browsers will implement. They may end up just
> opening a new tab but it breaks the user out of the flow.

Oauth2 flow opens new small browser window on top. This window has url
bar, that clearly indicates that I am on the auth provider page, and
connection can be trusted, as it is secured by tls. Also this page
says what remote site requested which permissions. I find this flow
less confusing than using iframe.

> Note that there really isn't a "redirection" in the sense that the browsing
> context *navigates* to another page. The existing page that launched the
> request must not lose its state.

Hm, i am not sure what exactly is going on behind the scenes - is the
full code example avaliable anywhere?
What exactly that page needs to store? Can it be passed around in
callbacks, as oauth2 does?