Re: DID PR #22 has been merged

On 2017-11-05 11:08 AM, Kim Hamilton Duffy wrote:
> Hi Steven,
> Just making sure I understand -- you want to see the title (e.g.
> "Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs) v0.7") copied at the top of the body
> text?

Yep.

TL;dr: I think the page would do well to have a title anyway, and
people not accustomed to snooping in source code, who read the page in
a browser, will see the title displayed and its version number and be
able to search for it.

Longer version, in case you think I'm insane:

I was attempting to figure out if I'd indeed fond the page with the
PR#22 changes or not, and the simplest way to do that was to use
search in the rendered page in Firefox for "0.7", which must have been
added in the changes -- I thought. But I got "not found". So I became
confused -- maybe this was an old page, not the new one.

Then, looking more carefully at Manu's commit, I realized it was done
in the html head. So it wouldn't appear on the browser page, which
only shows the body. So I went back and searched the source code, and
found it. So probably it is the right page.

But that required quite a bit of knowing about both GitHub and HTML code.

I'm hoping that this overall document on DIDs [v0.7, and later ones]
can be easily found and read by people who only read text at the
browser level, not necessarily at the source code level. I think that
would be good for the ongoing process of keeping as many people in the
loop as possible. And it doesn't seem to big a change to ask for --
just the title and version number to be included.

Steven