Re: Terminology poll

On 06/23/2017 08:55 PM, Steven Rowat wrote:
> On 2017-06-23 3:09 PM, David Chadwick wrote:
>> But claimant is a new term for the contentious role of the
>> presenter, or holder, who may or may not be the subject of the VC.
>> Claimant sums up quite nicely what this role is trying to do i.e.
>> claim the benefit from the VCs that they are presenting to the
>> verifier.
>>
>> So I would support the use of the term claimant.
>
> +1 for claimant

A potential problem with claimant is that the entity that actually makes
the claim is the issuer. In our model, we have combined "assertions" and
"claims" into "verifiable claims" to simplify. Other models separate
these out but we've found that to be an unnecessary complication.

Currently, our model is this:

An Issuer makes a (verifiable) claim about a Subject and gives it to a
Holder.

The Holder may share this claim with an Inspector who may verify that it
was made by the Issuer and that it was not tampered with.

--
Dave Longley
CTO