Re: Negative VCs

I don't follow the need for ROLE_B to prove anything. Nothing in the
data model provides any proofing for the holder/presenter/claimant. In
many use cases the relationship of the claimant to the subject is
immaterial or at least exogeneous to the claim.
Consider that I might publicly post academic credentials to my linkedin
profile and that a recruiter or potential boss includes those
credentials in recommending to HR that I come in for an interview.  The
credentials themselves hold the entirety of the verification required
for the relying party/verifier/inspector, aka HR, to decide whether the
credentials are valid.
At no time does it matter whether or not the particular
holder/claimant/presenter is authorized to provide the claim.
In the case of negative claims, I think this is even more true. If a
background check on me finds verifiable claims that, e.g., I failed
physics three times or had a crappy GPA, etc., the claim infrastructure
doesn't care if the claimant is an authorized representative.
Seems to me the important thing about the claimant isn't whatever rights
they have or what they've been authorized to do, it is simply what they
do: present a claim.  Whether or not presenting that claim is
appropriate in the context in which it is presented is a completely
different problem.
-j

--
Joe Andrieu, PMP