Re: [AGENDA] W3C Credentials Community Call - 20 June 2017 12pm ET

On 06/17/2017 02:07 AM, Timothy Holborn wrote:
> Why is the group getting re:named rather than simply creating a new
> group?

The current thinking is: This is a continuation of the work we started
in this group. We're looking at scope again, and if/when the scope
changes, we may want to rename the group to match that scope. The scope
seems like it's going to become slightly broader and pick up some
technologies in the "self-sovereign storage/credentials/identity" space,
thus the name should reflect that in order to make messaging w/ the
public easier.

blog: Rebalancing How the Web is Built
http://manu.sporny.org/2016/rebalancing/