Re: "Identity" - is a modal notion and the matrix

On 2017-06-02 10:10, Timothy Holborn wrote:
> Who were the identified contributors to the work that went to WG?
>
> Did it reflect the contributors involved over the entire lifecycle or more simply, the most recent version...?
>
> I think an open letter on digital identity for citizens to use to send to their elected Parliamentarians is a better pathway.

Since governments have equally different ideas* concerning identity as people subscribed to this list seem to have, that would be a mighty huge letter :-)

I believe creating a WG without having a fairly well-defined platform for an extremely fuzzy topic like "identity" is complete nonsense.

FWIW, I recently got (off-list) a VC platform paper from one the list subscribers which actually appeared quite workable.

Anders

* France is a wonderful example.  They claim that SSNs are against citizen liberties but anyway recently introduced a nation-wide biometric database although 9 out of 10 organizations were against it.