Re: Verifiable Claims Playground

On 2017-02-20 11:46 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A very, very rough version of the Verifiable Claims Playground has been
> launched here:
>
> https://w3c-vc.github.io/playground/

Very interesting to see the relationships side-by-side of the
different parts of the VC.

I assume that this is mostly a place for those who are developing the
code, and the rules for the code, that VC will require.

But being an essentially non-coder-person, I feel this also could be
an important step in terms of getting other non-coder people to
understand what you're doing -- it seems to bring everything together
and simplify it. So please take these comments in that context.

Major questions:

1. What is does 'normalized' mean? Who defines it? Can that be
explained somewhere, perhaps in a popup or tooltip?

2. Suppose I want to add a new example, say an educational one, such
as "Has PhD from Yale" or "Article was published in Journal
Toxicology"  or "Journal Toxicology is fully Peer Reviewed" -- How is
that done? Does doing this require understanding Jekyll and Github
etc., or can it be done as part of the playground itself, ie, without
knowing those other code languages? (--That would be a very
interesting development, because then people who are not willing or
able to learn the whole coding/Github system could still add examples
of all kinds, and could figure out how to VC code them).

Minor issues:
1. Visualization not working? --As I recall, when I looked yesterday,
there was a different layout, with different colors etc., and the
visualization worked fine. However today I can't make sense of the
'visualization' section.
2. Popups of 'Gist' and 'Permalink' etc. don't leave the screen unless
the whole page is reloaded. --I'd expect them to disappear if I click
elsewhere, but they don't.

Browser FF 49.02 (ie, current), Mac 10.11.6

Steven Rowat