Re: My writeup on "Bots, Fake News, and Verifiable Claims"

Kim,

Here are some encyclopedia articles which could be of use:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_(Internet)<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_%28Internet%29>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sock_puppetry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_bot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fake_news_website

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook_like_button#Fake_.22likes.22

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_media_marketing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_media_optimization

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_communication

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_manipulation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_manipulation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambridge_Analytica

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State-sponsored_Internet_propaganda

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countering_Foreign_Propaganda_and_Disinformation_Act

Decentralized and self-sovereign identity solutions can be of use for verifying accounts on services across the Web, from Wikipedia to Facebook, thus stopping and helping to identify “fake accounts”, “sockpuppets”, “bots” and “cyborgs” which play a major role in the spread of misinformation.

Best regards,
Adam