W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-credentials@w3.org > October 2016

Verifiable Claims Telecon Minutes for 2016-10-11

From: <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 11:58:40 -0400
Message-Id: <1476201520541.0.31191@zoe>
To: Web Payments IG <public-webpayments-ig@w3.org>, Credentials CG <public-credentials@w3.org>
Thanks to Matt Stone for scribing this week! The minutes
for this week's Verifiable Claims telecon are now available:

http://w3c.github.io/vctf/meetings/2016-10-11/

Full text of the discussion follows for W3C archival purposes.
Audio from the meeting is available as well (link provided below).

----------------------------------------------------------------
Verifiable Claims Telecon Minutes for 2016-10-11

Agenda:
  https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webpayments-ig/2016Oct/0026.html
Topics:
  1. Verifiable Claims Face-to-Face Agenda
Action Items:
  1. Manu to connect DavidE, Dan, Richard, and Matt on W3C 
    process for VC.
  2. Richard Varn to work on a one pager on Verifiable Claims to 
    hand out at IIW.
Organizer:
  Manu Sporny
Scribe:
  Matt Stone
Present:
  Matt Stone, Manu Sporny, Gregg Kellogg, Nate Otto, Richard Varn, 
  Shane McCarron, Dan Burnett, Rob Trainer, Adam Lake, David I. 
  Lehn, Dave Longley, Dave Crocker, Rebecca Simmons, Adrian Gropper
Audio:
  http://w3c.github.io/vctf/meetings/2016-10-11/audio.ogg

Matt Stone is scribing.
Manu Sporny:  The Agenda focus for today is the F2F agenda
Manu Sporny:  This is the last meeting before F2F meeting on 
  10/27,28

Topic: Verifiable Claims Face-to-Face Agenda

Manu Sporny: 
  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uYDRcHs_EOpJzezJerKnKT4Grni1sFLX2nRp7zlq2BE/edit
Manu Sporny:  Send link to draft of presentations this week.
Manu Sporny:  Very important that they be available a week ahead
Gregg Kellogg: I’ll have something up by tomorrow.
Manu Sporny:  Absolute last day to finalize is next thrusday
Manu Sporny:  How to link: use the face to face agenda document - 
  add a comment w/ the link
Manu Sporny:  Any input on the agenda as it sits?
(No response)
Nate Otto: This looks like a good and refined agenda.
Matt Stone:  We connected last week, started sketching notes 
  verbally, haven't started a document yet, will do so in next 
  couple of days. [scribe assist by Manu Sporny]
Manu Sporny:  High level review of the problem we're trying to 
  address w/ transition to charter focus
Manu Sporny: RichardVarn: We'll be collaborating on that, will be 
  sharing documents there. How do we distinguish ourselves from 
  "Identity" and things that end up being a tangled forest that we 
  don't want to be caught in. Who are the key players?
Richard Varn:  Clearly focus and hopefully detangle ourselves 
  from things like identity work
Matt Stone:  Yep, sounds good. [scribe assist by Manu Sporny]
Manu Sporny:  3Rd co-chair won't be there. Dan Burnett. - would 
  like his input to the intro
Thanks dan.
Manu Sporny:  Note re:chairs.  W3C management makes the final 
  decsion about chairs.  current candidates are stone, varn, 
  burnett
Manu Sporny:  W3C wants a technical focus and a process focus - 
  they may change the mix.
Manu Sporny:  Chair job at F2F - stay on schedule and topic
Shane McCarron: The keyword is "timebox"
Manu Sporny:  General use cases time reduced to 30m to make room 
  for industry use cases
Manu Sporny:  (Topic moving to general use cases now)
Manu Sporny:  (Blending topic w/ industry use cases now) - Nate 
  will have a speaker by EOD tomorrow
Manu Sporny:  Backup for education is ETS (Richard)
Manu Sporny:  Payments: Hoyer from Deutche Telekom
Manu Sporny:  Healthcare: adriaan - use case is clear, but don't 
  have slides yet.  Medical Society credential management linking 
  to self sovereign ID via Newport
Manu Sporny:  Separates role of hospital into 1) ID on blockchain 
  and 2) claim by medical society
Manu Sporny:  Entertainment - manu to follow up
Manu Sporny:  Next topic: architecture (shane)
Manu Sporny:  Have material, havent' started formal deck
Manu Sporny:  Next topic: data model, representations (manu) - 
  day 1 will feel repetitive b/c there will be ~50% newcomers
Manu Sporny:  Want to tell people how the process works at W3C 
  and set expectations.  stone/varn to partner w/ someone who has 
  recent experience
Manu Sporny:  Who can help?
Shane volunteers david ezell?
Richard Varn: For bringing people up to speed:  Matt and I 
  wondered if we can enforce an expectation that a basic set of 
  documents should be reviewed by members in advance and we can 
  assume they have read them
Matt Stone:  It would be good to have someone that has been 
  through it before - comfortable talking to that once it's setup. 
  [scribe assist by Manu Sporny]

ACTION: Manu to connect DavidE, Dan, Richard, and Matt on W3C 
  process for VC.

Gregg Kellogg: On Thursday, we’ll have a number of people at IIW 
  just showing up.
Manu Sporny:  Response to Richard - that's always the 
  expectation, but reality is that there will be many that haven't 
  read our docs yet
Richard Varn: We need to communicate that to the registered 
  attendees and get them the list
Richard Varn: How about a printed set then?
Manu Sporny:  Members of the IIW may not know we are there and 
  will "just show up" be ready to create a baseline
Richard Varn: I can bring a few printed handouts
Shane McCarron: I bring that up because there are a TON of 
  documents and they are not well structured.
Richard Varn: I just need to know what to print ahead of time
Manu Sporny:  Volunteer to make the handout?
{Crickets}
Richard Varn: I will silence the crickets
Richard Varn: I will work on a one pager

ACTION: Richard Varn to work on a one pager on Verifiable Claims 
  to hand out at IIW.

Richard Varn: I will also print out a set of the basic docs and 
  bring a set for people who decide to attend late
Day 2 agenda
Manu Sporny:  Goal: get people out by 3 to get to the airport
Manu Sporny:  Decentralized identifier discussion about larger 
  ecosystem
Manu Sporny:  Discussion re:why Linked Data
Dan Burnett:  Noticed that syntax isn't covered in the decks.
Manu Sporny:  Yep, was leaving that to you
Richard Varn: FYI my flight is at 2:30 from SJC so I will not be 
  there after lunch
Manu Sporny:  Please jump into deep dive, dan:ok
Matt Stone:  (Ok richard)
Manu Sporny:  Need to discuss how we're coordinating w/ other 
  groups
Matt Stone:  Is this in an unconference format? [scribe assist by 
  Manu Sporny]
Matt Stone:  How do the meetings work? [scribe assist by Dave 
  Longley]
Manu Sporny:  It's up to the presenter, generally you start with 
  creating the baseline for discussion and then answering questions 
  people might have. We don't want to have people talking all day 
  and no questions, we really want the presenters to introduce the 
  topic and baseline for conversation as quickly as possible and 
  then it's open discussion for rest of the time roughly 50-50 
  split, presentation and then discussion. [scribe assist by Dave 
  Longley]
Matt Stone:  I was focused on these deep-dive technical 
  discussions. [scribe assist by Dave Longley]
Manu Sporny:  For the deep dive on the data model, we can talk 
  about it and then ask does anyone have questions about X? [scribe 
  assist by Dave Longley]
Manu Sporny:  Timebox and then move on to next session. [scribe 
  assist by Dave Longley]
Matt Stone:  Ok. [scribe assist by Dave Longley]
Matt Stone:  If I'm playing role of time keeper I just want to 
  bear in mind how we want the flow to go. [scribe assist by Dave 
  Longley]
Manu Sporny:  Yup, and we always end up going over time because 
  there are more questions. About ~15 over is ok roughly. [scribe 
  assist by Dave Longley]
Manu Sporny:  Hope to get content out of the Rebooting Web of 
  Trust the previous week
Manu Sporny:  2 Competing approaches, one is a standard that 
  isn't being adopted by this community, one that is more 
  experimental
Manu Sporny:  Stone to run afternoon on day 2
Matt Stone:  Lunch?  will be provided for us on Th, maybe Fri
Manu Sporny:  Dinner - will organize a group dinner (chairs to 
  get attendance)
Manu Sporny:  Day 1: use cases - joe to discuss the high level 
  approach to use cases
Manu Sporny:  Joe will hand off to industry specifics - each will 
  do a 15min presentation
Manu Sporny:  Should be wifi there.  will use this channel for 
  minutes
Nate Otto: Have a great day all, and a great meeting in a couple 
  weeks!
Received on Tuesday, 11 October 2016 15:59:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 11 July 2018 21:19:32 UTC