Re: Verifiable Claims Charter Proposal prepped for W3M

On Sat, 1 Oct 2016 at 18:40 David Chadwick <D.W.Chadwick@kent.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Manu
>
> my immediate comment upon reading the new charter, is "why isn't a SAML
> assertion a verifiable claim?". When I read it with the SAML model in
> mind, it seems to me that it fits the charter, and hence many
> (particularly new) readers might argue that the work is not needed.

A friend recently highlighted the opportunity for web-extensions of
active-directory onto web via creds.  Made alot of sense to me...

> Don't you think the charter ought to contain the definition for a
> verifiable claim in order to make it crystal clear to the reader what we
> are talking about?

Does this not get into the complex field of 'what people say about you' as
it relates to 'identity'.

That problem we all know exists; but only those 'blockchain' orientated are
funded to commercially 'exploit'...