Numbering of Github and Doc issues [was:Re: Verifiable Claims Telecon Minutes for 2016-11-29]

From: Steven Rowat <steven_rowat@sunshine.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 18:21:34 -0800
To: msporny@digitalbazaar.com, Credentials CG <public-credentials@w3.org>
On 11/29/16 9:32 AM, msporny@digitalbazaar.com wrote:

> Manu Sporny:  Issues in the issues tracker, as you find them in
>   the spec, please write them in the issue tracker or they will get
>   lost. [scribe assist by Dave Longley]

Small process problem:

In the VC Data document Nov 16, which appears to be latest draft,

https://opencreds.github.io/vc-data-model/

the numbering for embedded “issues” is not the same as the open issues
list in Github. For example “Issue 2” in the Document is the identical
text to open issue “#5” in Github.

This makes it hard to cross-check which ones are the same or aren't,
or to find a particular open issue from the document to comment on in
Github. For example, now that I've just read the document, I have no
way of knowing if I have or have not read all the open issues in the
Github list. I suspect there are some new ones, but which ones?
So...is it possible to keep these numbers in sync?

And, less important but it would be nice, possibly link from the
embedded document "Issues" to the place where they are the same Github
open issue?

Steven Rowat