Re: Alternative terminology for "consumer"

From: Dave Longley <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 12:36:43 -0400
To: "Stone, Matt" <matt.stone@pearson.com>
Cc: Web Payments IG <public-webpayments-ig@w3.org>, Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
On 03/29/2016 12:22 PM, Stone, Matt wrote:
> in which document do we define this?  Is the consumer, the one who
> has asked the earner for proof of an achievement?  in job search
> scenario, it would be the prospective employer...

http://w3c.github.io/webpayments-ig/VCTF/use-cases/index.html#ic-consuming-claims

That link talks about consumers of claims and you can click on
"consumer" there and it will jump to the glossary section.

A "consumer" is one who asks a holder to provide credentials containing
verifiable claims so they can authenticate the holder and "consume"
those claims in some way. Examples would be merchant websites that need
to confirm that a person is of a certain age in order to buy a product,
prospective employers that want to verify the credentials of job
applicants, and loan officers that want to ensure they are lending to
the appropriate person.

--
Dave Longley
CTO