Re: USECASE: Decentralised Sexual Health Cred.

One thing...

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 8:15 AM, Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com>
wrote:

> the poorest of the world have no access to the web / knowledge online.
>  what is the suggested approach to re-factoring their lives and that of
> others who depend upon it today.

We often talk about improving the lot of others.  In this group / setting,
we especially talk about those without access, or limited access, to
services such as banks and the internet and the global economy. And that's
important.  It is SUPER important.  It is the reason I am here.

But any experienced community activist would tell you that the first
mistake most activists make is in assuming that the target community wants
what the organizers want.  This is almost never the case.  When talking
about solving a problem, it is usually a good idea to go and ask the people
what their problem is.  Maybe this has been done, but I don't see it
reflected in the use cases / scenarios I have been reading.  The people we
have surveyed are mostly providers, not consumers.  I have no idea what
those consumers need.  We should really find out.

--
Shane McCarron
Projects Manager, Spec-Ops