Re: draft charter improvement notes from Eric

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 10:10:08 -0500
To: Web Payments IG <public-webpayments-ig@w3.org>, Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
On 03/11/2016 09:57 AM, Eric Korb wrote (via IRC):
> <erkorb210_> I'm looking at the charter
> <erkorb210_> Goals section
> <erkorb210_> I wonder if we should be moving to the positive rather than
> the negative.  "Reducing" is not always good.
> <erkorb210_> Improve detection of Fraud

Done.

https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-ig/commit/e374db989290fded6e7d7fa51edc1fd21298a288#diff-b366572a8c93e0ca1d571849e3ae6a3dR149

> <erkorb210_> Improve operational costs

I changed the language to this and it became less clear what we were
talking about. "Reducing costs" are typically viewed as a good thing and
most people know what you're talking about when you say that. "Improving
costs" is a bit vague.

> <erkorb210_> also, I'd like to put in something that says "for all
> stakeholders"
> <erkorb210_> since it helps everyone in the chain

We had this language in there before and removed it because we were
asked to be more specific about the sorts of advantages to specific
players in the ecosystem. We also had a statement saying that the
technology should benefit "all stakeholders", but then it became unclear
exactly which stakeholders we meant by "all", which is why we point out
issuers, storage services, and inspectors of claims now.

blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/