An educational use case from the POV of the issuer...

From: John Tibbetts <john.tibbetts@kinexis.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 18:01:54 -0800
Cc: W3C Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Hi all,

I’ve slightly reworked a use case I turned in earlier that is a tad more in line with Shane’s Use Case style.  Feel free to use it if you find it helpful or modify it to suit your needs.

Joleen is the registrar of Mega University and, by virtue of her office, is responsible for the integrity, accuracy, and security of academic records.  Joleen has been a pioneering registrar in advocating an 'extended transcript' that includes not only the standard set of course grades but also adds supplementary information on learner competencies.  These might include work experiences and non-educational but marketable skills. Upon the request of her students Joleen issues digital credentials that encapsulates an extended transcript.

Cheers,

John