Re: Comments on draft charter [Was: Agenda: Verifiable Claims Teleconference - Tuesday, March 8th 2016]

+1

I also think the nature of business models are changing. Less than 25 years
ago, products were purchased and the ability to bind 3rd party agents and
related business models (ie: data aggregation, data sharing or
subscriptions whether fee based or otherwise) to on-going revenue streams
in connection to that product purchasing event didn't occur.

Obviously as professional technology actors, 'making money whilst you
sleep' is something people dream about.

Yet, these business systems do change the nature of economics world-wide,
and open standards should not provide an exclusive gatekeeper to a
particular type of actor if possible.

Therein is perhaps a relationship to the concept of 'open standard' as it
applies to the endeavour.

IoT will likely relate to the use-cases of these works too, IMHO.

Timh.