Re: Drafty VCTF Use Cases

Here's a bunch of old sophisticated use-cases i prepared earlier ;)

I haven't noted the use of credentials throughout the user-stories, yet
they should be able to be discovered / addressed by the trained eye.

USECASE: Watching a Cooking Show
Person searches for the particular meal they want to make that night for a
dinner party. They search for ‘slow-cooked lamb shoulder’, and find a jamie
oliver episode provided by a commercial FTA provider.

They’ve got a list of the food they’ve purchased recently from their
digital receipt information. The program has a TVC that outlines the
end-product created by the food, and it's decided - time to go shopping.

A button is pressed, and the information about ingredients is selected. The
application has a field that asks who’s coming for dinner - the user
selects the people coming for dinner, and their dietary requirements are
checked for allergies and any food preferences (ie: don’t like mushrooms,
kosha food only, etc.).

The app calculates portion sizes based upon the number of people who will
be eating, and the shopping list is almost ready. They’re able to tick off
the food that’s already in the kitchen, then add the remaining ingredients.

A file is created on the user's data-space that includes information about
the application they used to create the meal, and a credential relating to
the agent who supplied that application and on behalf of whom.

OPTION 1
jamie and his distribution partners have a deal with a particular shopping
network, so if it’s kosha, that’s ok, but otherwise there’s preferences
about where to get it

Jamie also has another deal, that’s not as good, with other outlets.

ie: The user opens their ‘supermarket app’, and makes the selection. the
app also thinks the milk has gone off, and the user can select other things
they need which may have been collated over time (ie: toilet paper low, ran
out of dish-washing detergent, etc.) They can get the ingredients delivered
or go shopping.

OPTION 2
The recipe is Jamie's Intellectual property. He cares about his food. When
the user goes to a store that offer digital receipt functionality to
data-spaces, if that purchase relates specifically to the production of the
meal, fulfilment of ingredients to make it, the shop has in their system an
attribution method that allows a percentage of valid food products to goto
jamie.

Ingredients have been purchased and the user can watch the TV or flick
through the cooking guide whilst preparing the dish. This can happen on
their device, on their tv, with both, etc.

The ‘interactive content package’ enables this entire experience to be
programmed, packaged and distributed globally. differentiators between
markets / regions, can be managed by agents, distributors and local
partners without needing to change the format of the content package.

USE CASE: Buying a Motor Vehicle

Joe wants to purchase a new vehicle. He really wants a 2004 XC90, thinking
that it suits his needs and represents good value. He wants to watch a
review, searches for one - finds an old TVC made in britain, made available
locally through the a local program that’s been syndicated by a commercial
broadcaster who has purchased the media as part of their on-demand
offerings.

The presentation page has a presales button, which the user selects on his
phone. He can see how many were sold in the market, average cost of
insurance, average KM’s, average price based on condition and how many are
available for sale. He watches the video and plans to go have a look at a
few.

He finds a dealer who is offering a vehicle he likes and speaks to their
sales agent Frank. Joe asks the Frank to Take the Vehicle for a Test-Drive.

Frank would like to know whether Joe has the capacity to purchase the
vehicle or whether, Joe's simply interested in going for a test-drive with
no-capacity to make a transaction. Frank has a family and it's important he
spends his time on sales opportunities. Frank does not have alot of time to
waste on 'tyre kickers'.

Joe has a look at the information about the car on his phone that his
obtained when he found the vehicle.

The car has been in the lot for too long, and Frank thinks this is a ‘hot
lead’ but wants to qualify the opportunity. He asks to share some more
details and if the information provided stacks up, then joe should borrow
the car.

Joe presses a button on his phone, and Frank gets a 'green light' indicator
that shows that joe has a license and has the financial capacity to
purchase the car.

-- > Whilst it is none of Franks business; Joe has a linked-credential that
denotes the intention of his parents to purchase a vehicle for him to a
particular value, which in-turn contributed towards getting the 'green
light' he needed, before going to find a car he likes.

Frank is happy to provide Joe access to the car, to take for a test-drive.
Frank and Joe issues credentials for the purpose of the test-drive, that
support insuring the Joe in case he has an accident; whilst also supporting
Frank, in case Joe doesn't come back with the car.

Joe takes the car for a test-drive and notices that there are some
mechanical issues with the car. He enters the information in his record
that relates to the vehicle, and the application on his phone provides an
estimation of the cost to fix the problem in addition to any information
about whether by law, Frank needs to fix that problem before he sells it to
Joe.

Joe Returns. Frank and Joe talk about the price, which results in Frank
finishing the sales-opportunity by issuing Joe an Offer that is attached to
the record stored in relation to his phone application. Joe informs frank
he'll be back, frank limits the offer to a few days hoping to close a deal
before the time his commissions need to be finalized for the month; Joe
goes to have a look at other vehicles.

If the sale goes through, then the lead was generated by the program on TV
and the experience provided by that program. It is possible that they’re
then able to ‘clip the ticket’, which may result in an improvement around
their advertising on TV, a direct cash-payment, or other means.

USE CASE: Community Media, Education, and Content Syndication.

Within an indigenous ‘outback’ community, the local radio station has
set-up their hypermedia capability. Their website offers an array of local
media, that is available for syndication with local community TV providers
and other news-outlets. Their system works by taking a percentage of the
revenue attributed to the content they curate with local community members.

They've got a shed they've turned into a historical society, storing valued
historical artefacts that are important to their community. People in the
community have memories of life, and stories that relate to those
artefacts.

The radio station provides the opportunity members of the community to
produce a content package about the heritage artifacts. They work with
elders in the community, producing some video where elders tell their
stories with historical context. They create a 3d scan of the object, and
also write both some information about it that is collated into their
heritage collection, in addition to some articles that are used for their
local radio broadcast and their local news website.

Some of those materials become syndicated for by other broadcasters
nationally.

Advertising and syndication revenue provides a percentage of revenue back
to the creators of the work, and the local radio station who helped produce
it, ensuring it was suitable and accurate.

The people who contributed to it, are provided credentialing information
that also shows they've learnt the skills involved in undertaking the task.
This contributes to their employment and educational / skills records.

People involved with running the station and their online environments
accumulate information about their activities. This information can be used
by local businesses to assess whether they can find the local talent needed
to help them with their business. The business wants to produce some
advertising materials. They've managed to find the skills locally, and the
local radio station is able to syndicate the media for use across the
network, helping the business target their advertising and ensure it is
‘ready for TV’...

NOTES
In this use-case, the practice of community media provides both the
capacity to identify and process local media, as well as supporting
community development and community engagement. NANODEGREES[6]:
Nano-degrees are emerging in the marketplace as a means to provide
'qualification' for particular skills that may be constituents of broader
formal qualifications. These systems store ‘metadata’ about the user in the
users account. As such, these systems in-turn provide the means for users
to understand and communicate their skills, talents and interests using
data, that improves the means in which they may find employment.

Tim.H.