Re: Proposed VC Use Case: Consignment of Claims

On Fri, 4 Mar 2016 at 01:36 Eric Korb <eric.korb@accreditrust.com> wrote:

> I consign my right to life for your exclusive economic benefit.
>

> Not the intent.
>
> didn't think it was.

> Think of this this more as tokens - I need to consign this token to you
> for you to act on my behalf.  The trick is not to have to go back to the
> original Issuer of Holder's credential for another credential, but rather
> verify a chain of trust.
>
> their credentials, not tokens. They should be meaningful and design needs
to take that into consideration.

Identity statements are very important.  Design somewhat mandates
verification of a related credential, as to verify 'chain of trust' as far
as i'm aware; yet therein,

from a standards point of view...

HTML is used to create terrible websites alongside very good ones, ones
that people depend upon.  that's not the standard, that's how people use
it.  Yet, perhaps ontology design is an important counterpart.

WebID for instance is fairly specific when it refers to ontologies and even
serialisation formats: https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebID

IMHO amongst the challenges is defining means to support industrial
development of sameAs as is asserted by way of a verifiable document format.

> In the first scenario case the credential claim is a drug prescription,
> which is linked to the pharmacy, doctor and patient.  The patient is
> asserting that only his caretaker can go to a specific pharmacy pick it up
> on his behalf.  The pharmacy should be the only entity which can consume
> this credential for the specific purpose the patient has asserted.
>
> I can see several ways in which this may be done.  Examples include
disability car-permits, where the disabled person doesn't drive the car.
Yet, it is the authority who is able to relate a plurality of assertions.
amongst the questions is how they're asserted on a symmetrical or
a-symmetrical basis.

Another one that's well considered is the 'after death' concept; so,
someone dies, what happens with their data?

I have a contact who's very good within the domain of that specified
field.  It may be a good use-case to examine the types of issues your
considering.  it also has a plurality of end-points which makes it somewhat
better than the prescription use-case, whilst describing the same type of
conditions statements.

> Please feel free to re-write if you have better words.
>
> it's a contribution matrix.  I think we both contribute.  It's always a
humbling experience, but be assured, no matter my flaws, i do, do my best,
in good faith, et.al.  I think their shared values ;)