Re: Use-Cases - pseudo-anonymity examples

On 3/2/16 11:18 AM, Dave Longley wrote:
>> It isn't necessarily true that the same mechanism used to
> provide pseudo-anonymity in low-risk scenarios would be the same as
> the one used in high-risk scenarios.

Thank you, I understand better now.

> People reviewing the charter and use cases may look at high-risk
> scenarios and reason that the problem is too difficult to solve and
> decide to vote against the work proceeding.
[snip]
>  I think [these high-risk scenarios] could be a distraction and
> harm our chances to get work started.

Yes, I see: this seems pragmatically sound,--from a group-politics
perspective.

But there may be people for whom the high-risk pseudo-anonymity
use-case is the most important reason for having Web Payments and
Credentials at all. (Due to the nature of the problem, I feel no need
to give specific examples of who those people might be. LOL.)

I believe such people might be well-warned that the omission of this
type of use-case from the core use-cases accompanying the Charter Vote
might lead to a higher chance of them never being resolved by the
proposed technical work.

And as you've pointed out, there may be unavoidable technical reasons
for this, at the current level of the technology.

To speculate a little: maybe this is one of those things that will
only be solved by a major leap in the technology, such as to the
blockchain. Or something of that magnitude.

?

Steven