Re: Almost there: Verifiable Claims Working Group Proposal

From: Daniel Burnett <danielcburnett@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 22:04:15 -0400
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Cc: Brian Sletten <brian.sletten@gmail.com>, Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 9:37 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
wrote:

> On 06/15/2016 09:05 PM, Brian Sletten wrote:
> > Overall things look pretty strong.
>
> Yaay.
>
> > How do we want to track edits? GitHub issues? Here? Submit pull
> > requests?
>
> PRs are easiest.
>
> > One of the Use Cases is called “Uniquitous Claim Issuance”. I am
> > assuming we are not going for the unique/ubiquitous play on words
> > and that is just a typo.
>
> Typo, that I thought we fixed some time ago.
>
> > Are the JWT examples in the data model valid? They lack the header.
> > A JWT is a header.claims.signature(header.claims), no?
>
> No. In fact the JWT examples look wrong, but haven't had a chance to
> figure out how wrong. They're definitely not Linked Data Signatures
> compatible.

I presume you are referring to Example 4, the only JWT (actually, just a
signed JSON) example in the doc.   Not having done much with JWTs, I
generated the signature using this site:  http://jwtbuilder.jamiekurtz.com/
 .
I am happy to receive PRs with a better signed JSON structure, including a
JWT if appropriate.

 The JSON and JSON-LD example signatures are still completely bogus -- I
plan to work on the -LD ones on Thursday and Friday, unless some kind soul
volunteers new ones.  The JSON signatures will likely still remain bogus.