Support for digital asylum / web-refugees (was Re: decentralised)

A more realistic issue would be a change to terms of service either
directly or indirectly which leads a person to seeking change, particularly
where the identifier relates to other considerations such as a license
agreement...

With countries, people can seek asylum in another country.  Their is no
such thing as digital asylum seeking - and the issues relating to that can
be far less serious than one relating to asylum, such as choice.

If someone wants to stop using their service, they should have the right to
make that choice.

Companies love lock-ins. As a group seeking to build standards, we have no
role in providing support for a commercial company to produce commercial
lock-ins to particular companies via our work where it is advoidable -
imho...

Tim.h.