Re: Architecture Stages, and options of Subject-Holder

On 6/14/16 8:22 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:
> FWIW, though I'm not pursuing the concern, given the time constraints,
> I believe we will find that assigning the creation of identifiers to
> the Holder, rather than to the Subject, is going to turn out to be
> problematic, because it conflates claims processing with
> identification processing.

But isn't it all claims processing?

That is, in the digital realm, which is all that the VC model uses,
there are only claims, verified or otherwise. Identity is something
that exists in the physical world, and that is not provable here: one
can show that a virtual object, say a Holder, registered itself, and
registered a Subject, and registered a Claim about the Subject, in a
fixed form..and that form can be stored in a Repository, and Inspected.

How will this be related to processing "Identity"?

I'm not saying it can't be.

But abstractly I can't see it yet. Can you give an example?

Steven