Re: Architecture Stages, and options of Subject-Holder

On 06/14/2016 06:27 PM, Steven Rowat wrote:
> These two problems (time flow, and the optional "Subject is Holder"
> and/or "Holder is Issuer") bothered me also. They're the main reason
> I began formulating a different layout.

To clarify (via exhausting the combinations):

A Subject is what a Claim is about.

A Holder can assume the role of Subject.
A Holder can assume the role of Issuer.
A Holder can assume the role of Consumer.
A Holder can assume the role of Repository.
A Holder can assume the role of Inspector.

An Issuer can assume the role of Subject.
An Issuer can assume the role of Holder.
An Issuer can assume the role of Consumer.
An Issuer can assume the role of Repository.
An Issuer can assume the role of Inspector.

A Consumer can assume the role of Subject.
A Consumer can assume the role of Holder.
A Consumer can assume the role of Issuer.
A Consumer can assume the role of Repository.
A Consumer can assume the role of Inspector.

A Repository can assume the role of Subject.
A Repository can assume the role of Issuer.
A Repository can assume the role of Holder.
A Repository can assume the role of Consumer.
A Repository can assume the role of Inspector.

An Inspector can assume the role of Subject.
An Inspector can assume the role of Holder.
An Inspector can assume the role of Consumer.
An Inspector can assume the role of Issuer.
An Inspector can assume the role of Consumer.

Sorry to list all the combinations. I was partly re-running an exercise
we did a few years ago wrt. actors in the system to make sure it still
held. For each one of those combinations above, I can think of a use
case where that holds true. Note that most everything (except for
possibly the Identity Registry) can play multiple roles at the same
time, there are 31 possible role combinations.

Just keep that in mind while you're doing your diagram, Steven. Plotting
those 31 combinations across time is very difficult. If you show one of
those combinations (holder/subject), does that mean that you should show
the others?

JSON-LD Best Practice: Context Caching
https://manu.sporny.org/2016/json-ld-context-caching/