Non-correlation / pseudo-anonymity (was Re: VOTE: Verifiable Claims Terminology)

On 06/11/2016 07:27 AM, David Chadwick wrote:
> By using a common ID for two different identity profiles we produce
> a correlation handle for the relying parties.

Yes, correlation handles are REQUIRED for a number of use cases.
Pseudo-anonymity is REQUIRED for others. We need both.

For example:

You get a driver's license from Entity A.
You get a proof of employment from Entity B.

A bank asks you to submit both to open a new account. In a non-common ID
scenario, how does an automated software program determine that the
driver's license and the proof of employment are talking about the same
identifier?

I'm not arguing against non-correlation. It's an important requirement.
Correlatability is an important requirement as well.

Proof of age should be non-correlatable.

Passport is correlatable.

Email is correlatable (and how many systems that you use on a regular
basis have your email address?)

I'm strongly asserting that anyone claiming that they have a solution
that actually provides non-correlatability in non-trivial use cases has
either not thought deeply about the problem or is selling snake oil.

JSON-LD Best Practice: Context Caching
https://manu.sporny.org/2016/json-ld-context-caching/