Re: Inventor of the Web Creates Identity on Bitcoin Blockchain Sir Timothy Berners-Lee, an english computer scientist and the inventor of the World Wide Web has created his first Bitcoin blockchain ID on June 9

On 6/9/16 11:19 AM, ARIE Y. LEVY-COHEN wrote:
> http://www.livebitcoinnews.com/inventor-of-the-web-creates-identity-on-bitcoin-blockchain/

This uses Onename, built on Blockstack:

https://blockstack.org/docs/what-is-blockstack

I read through several of the pages under Naming, Identity, and FAQ.

I was amazed at how much both the architecture and the code examples
look like the architecture and code examples for the VC group that
have been posted recently. And it seems to be fully functional with
50,000 users they say. And now Tim Berners-Lee.

Dave, Manu, others -- were you aware of all this already? If so, how
does what's being done here differ from this?

Even if you weren't, --same question. After you look at it (which I
think it would be wise to do) does the VC work differ from this? Can
we all go home now?  :-)

And, closer to home, note their choice of using "Identity" without a
modifier, and "Profile" as a collection of descriptors under that
Identity.

Steven