Re: Request for terminology input - consumer/inspector/TBD Credential

From: Dave Longley <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 11:25:04 -0400
To: Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com>, Eric Korb <eric.korb@truecred.com>, Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
On 06/09/2016 08:09 AM, Timothy Holborn wrote:
> Dave, I know that's been the focus, but is that the entire scope of
> application for this standardised technology solution?

What more would it be that couldn't be considered "identity"? We're just
talking about claims about people/things in order to distinguish them
from other people/things. That's pretty generic already -- and it speaks
directly to "identity".

I don't think we want to expand the scope beyond that to encompass, for
example, payment or other security/authorization tokens because that
only causes the work to bleed into other areas where work is already
being done and is appropriately decoupled from identity.

> HTML has evolved.  Should we plan for this to evolve too?

In what way?

--
Dave Longley
CTO