Re: Fwd: Re: Request for terminology input - consumer/inspector/TBD Credential

From: Steven Rowat <steven_rowat@sunshine.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 12:10:40 -0700
To: public-credentials@w3.org
On 6/8/16 8:11 AM, Manu Sporny forwarded Joe Andrieu:
> A claim is a cryptographically signed statement.
[snip]

> A credential is a collection of one or more claims
[snip]

> A profile is a collection of one or more credentials

+1

This seems a very clear honing-down into parent-child sets that I find
easy to understand. I hope it's accurate.  :-)

And after reading Joe's email and linked first paper on Identity, I'm
swayed that Identity is too loaded culturally, and also inappropriate
because of the way it is most commonly used, and shouldn't be used for
a static property.

Hence I agree "Profile" is better for the third, super-set. Or if
there's objection to that on some grounds, it could be something
analogous like Alter (used by the Psychologists in DID), or Avatar or
Persona or Portrait or Character. But Profile works for me.

Steven