Re: Agenda: Verifiable Claims Teleconference - Tuesday, July 19th 2016

Yep, crypto-nerds in the IETF are watching these developments as well.  It
would be more complete for me to say that the IETF is strongly recommending
the default use of stronger algorithms where feasible and widely available
(which today means the elliptic-curve algorithms with non-trivial key sizes
and in the near future may mean post-quantum algorithms).

At the moment in the VC work we are not making any recommendations
regarding signature key strength, but we can at least show the use of
stronger (but still common) algorithms in our examples.  As recommendations
change we can update accordingly.

And now I will step aside and let the crypto-experts on our list respond if
they wish -- I'm definitely *not* an expert.

-- dan