Re: Web Payments IG approves Verifiable Claims to proceed to W3C Management

From: Steven Rowat <steven_rowat@sunshine.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 18:43:32 -0700
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
On 7/4/16 10:31 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> 1. A modified charter is negotiated with W3C Management and the
>    dissenting organizations.[snip]>

> 1. Constrain the charter to Education only.

I'm happy to hear this news, but was taken aback by the first
dissenting issue.

I know Education is a major component of a comprehensive credentials
system, but this CG was formed, in my recollection, as an attempt to
give a foundation for Web Payments.

Is it possible that the negotiations will nullify this original intent?

Does the dissenting party have a veto power? (either official or de
facto)?

Steven