Re: Apple IOS security hole? [was Re: The Apple-FBI Fight Isn't About Privacy vs. Security. Don't Be Misled | WIRED]

the critical questions I had in mind was whether a comprehensive use-case
existed for credentials to provide accountable prevlidged access to devices
/ operating systems made inoperable existed where no other existing
technology is able to perform a similar, accountable solution.

if each agent in the trust chain were enabled with credentials inclusive of
access records, et.al. that may be provided comprehensively to parties
involved with a court order, including defence lawyers, et.al.

then i do not see how the merits of the claims being made today are similar
to any such claims made of credentials were not available.

therein, is this a political debate, a scientific debate or one that
relates to the way in which we make choices about who to trust and why...?

tim.h.