Rule of law

From: Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:50:15 +0000
To: W3C Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
So,

I assume apple[1] can decrypt it. So, the issue is how to trust gov?
Locally or internationally?

Couldn't a bunch of approved credentials be used to present something at
the phone that in-turn allows that device to say, recognise the president
said - executive orders - open it.

Or is that not the problem here?

I don't understand. They either can or they can't? I also don't understand
why the advertised solution is so severe...

Another job for Credentials perhaps? I imagine the phone is linked to the
ID of the subjects before court already?

Phone has a bunch of sensors in it. Couldn't some sort of entropy encoded
thing, get scanned with a personalised 'approved access' passcode?

Anyhow. Another opportunity for creds. IMHO.

[1]
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/17/apple-challenges-chilling-demand-decrypt-san-bernadino-iphone