Re: Verifiable Claims Telecon Minutes for 2016-02-09

On 2/16/16 8:15 AM, Daniel Burnett wrote:
> I meant to add, though, that if my comments start us down a cow and
> machine rathole at the expense of getting this working for human-based
> credentials/claims, then I will happily withdraw those examples, so
> consider them merely as food for thought here.

I can appreciate this concern, but instead, that brought up in my mind
another set of use cases that need the Subject and Holder both, and
involve human people at both positions.

I mean the ones like 'Attorney for Healthcare' or 'Attorney for
Finances', where a person is, say, physically incapable and another
person gets legal authority. All jurisdictions that I know of have
these cases. And maybe this applies also to ones for prisoners, or
inmates of mental institutions (involuntary incarcerations), though
I'm less familiar with those.

In the 'Attorney' ones at least there'll be a certificate/claim that
enables the 'Holder' to have a power over, and for, the needs of the
'Subject'. Both are humans.

The 'Subject' is still the central concern, but the 'Holder' is
completely necessary and in this configuration it seems appropriate to
have a major term to refer to that position, rather than a
sub-attribute, since both are necessary, both are human, and have more
or less equal importance in the system.

Steven