Re: (draft) Verifiable Claims Task Force Final Report and Presentation

On 14 February 2016 at 22:29, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> A rough draft of the Verifiable Claims Task Force (VCTF) Final Report
> and Presentation to the Web Payments Interest Group (WPIG) can be found
> below.
>
> David/Erik - I'd like to review if this is going to be acceptable
> to the WPIG on our telecon tomorrow.
>
> WPIG face-to-face participants are encouraged to review the report
> before the face-to-face meeting and can do so now (as I doubt there will
> be major changes between now and the meeting the week after next).
>
> The documents are here:
>
> VCTF: Final Report (draft)
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dYup3KC2nak3LVTzyapr996TKxDj1w5Eyp4g13rQQBA/edit#
>
> VCTF: Presentation of Research Findings (draft)
>
> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1K6VHQ38XCoGfadNmE1OVCkS7hq32XiBfq-iMCVN8o68/edit
>
> The presentation can be found on the WPIG face-to-face Agenda here:
>
> https://www.w3.org/Payments/IG/wiki/Main_Page/FTF_Feb2016#Agenda
>
> and more detail on the session can be found here:
>

> https://www.w3.org/Payments/IG/wiki/Main_Page/FTF_Feb2016#Verifiable_Claims_Task_Force_Update
>
> All, we're looking for broad feedback on all the links above, so if you
> have thoughts, please let us know what they are. I have also attached
> PDF versions of the report and presentation to those that can't access
> Google Docs from their work machines.

+1 great work

Claims and verifications of claims *should* happen at the data layer.  This
is in line with the web evolving from a web of documents towards a giant
global graph.  Mixing this with the protocol layer is not very clean
architecturally, but *may* offer some advantages in the software, by
resuing some of the built in features of the web, namely, HTTP.

I'd almost suggest that reusing JSON LD you can do this already, tho
perhaps more details to be sketched out on that one.