Saving keys for Http-Signature and LDP

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 15:21:29 +0000
To: Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
Hi,

  In the Verifiable Claims teleconf of the 5 Feb [1] I mentioned that one could
use LDP as a way to publish browser generated keys.

  In the mean time I tried to work out a number of ways of doing this, including
a sketch of an outline for a DHT type protocol. I put these together in a wiki
page for the SoLiD project here:

  https://github.com/read-write-web/SoLiD/wiki/Storing-an-Apps-Public-Key

This only looks at a very simple credential, namely that of being in possession
of the private key of a given public one. But its one that I can use allready
without needing to wait for full credentials deployment, and from which one can
learn.

  I think this shows that LDP and distributed hash protocols are not exclusive
and can be developed in parallel. The advantage of LDP is that it is a protocol
that is already standardised, and that works well with a very simple Web Access
Control framework that fits that one very well.

  Constructive feedback welcome.

Henry

[1] https://github.com/read-write-web/SoLiD/wiki/Storing-an-Apps-Public-Key