Re: Digital Resume Format

On 12/3/16 4:09 AM, Timothy Holborn wrote:
> http signatures / credentials / verifiable claims, rdf, schemaorg,
> probably an array of other lod-cloud stuff...
>
> Some of the types of things that are known to relate to 'HR files' (or
> Resumes), whilst differing based on the industry in which they're
> used; include,
>
> IDENTITY
>
> BIRTH INFORMATION
>
> CITIZENSHIP
>  ....etc.

Wow, that's a comprehensive list — it's almost everything that anyone
could ever know about anybody. :-)

Agreed that it would make an interesting domain for resumés.

And agreed that employers who would like to see a comprehensive and
verifiable resumé might be a group that could become interested in
Verifiable Claims, because such a complete resumé would be important
in making effective hiring decisions.

And at a quick scan through, my guess, for what it's worth, is that
probably all of it could be coded as part of Verifiable Claims, as
long as there would be an Issuer available for all the parts.

But also: seeing the size of the list brings up the other side of the
coin too: privacy. Especially the recent news that the Soviet Union is
bringing in Chinese technology to create a 'safe' Internet, and of
course combined with all the Snowden-related revelations about our own
governments,— and not to forget the every-day tracking by Google,
Facebook, and everybody else that amounts to outright stalking — I
can't help realizing that we need an *iron-clad* ability to maintain
privacy of this information.

Not the individual pieces — your past employers know how you worked
there, the Birth Registry people know when you were born, the Tax
people know how much tax you paid, your Facebook friends know what
kind of a sh*t you are ;-); and so on. There's no getting around all
those things.

But the honey-pot. The collection of all of it. The Resumé, especially
if created to this depth of detail...is something that would be very
attractive to those other people I mentioned.

Steven Rowat