Re: How the father of the World Wide Web plans to reclaim it from Facebook and Google

On 2016-08-17 09:25, Timothy Holborn wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Aug 2016 at 17:20 Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com <mailto:anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 2016-08-17 09:15, Timothy Holborn wrote:
>     > Meh,
>     >
>     > In more modern times, I'd like to see more investigation of how IPFS and/or
>      > WebDHT may be used with LDP in conjunction with HTTP-SIGNATURES / Credentials
>      > related eco-systems; as that's something we're able to do something about today,
>      > rather than considerations of the past.
>
>     I'm not referring to the past only, Apple did exactly what I had envisioned for their break-through Apple Pay for the Web solution.
>

> I'm not really interested in burning cycles in supporting the 'status quo' for multi-national companies who when seeking advocacy, employ people, and pay them rather well i would imagine.
>
> I'm not on their payroll.

Neither am I, I'm just happy to see that Apple finally made card payments on the Web Convenient AND Secure.

If this can be accomplished using other methods that's great, I just haven't seen anything of that kind.

Fighting "Apps" may be a heroic mission but I rather embrace Apps since the Web and Apps represent complementary technologies, a fact which Apple exploited in a ingenious way.

Anders