Re: Revised Verifiable Claims WG Charter (RC-2) (was Re: Problem statement)

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 at 01:38 Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 2016-08-10 17:04, Timothy Holborn wrote:
> > A Fundamental promise that has existed for years, is that you can goto a
> website and say, your an adult, and that is all.
> >
> > if what has developed since cannot do that, then it should be seriously
> considered by stakeholders.
>
> This is a research topic since more than a decade back.
>
> Microsoft and IBM have spent big bucks on developing products but AFAICT
> with very modest success.
> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/project/u-prove/
> http://www.research.ibm.com/labs/zurich/idemix/
>
> For dynamically generated claims this is technically trivial.
>
> For static credentials you need the quite intricate cryptography featured
> in the Microsoft and IBM schemes.

cryptographic methods are out of scope.  I respect those i may refer to as
the 'sages' with regard to their views on such consideration.  Yet, what we
have within scope of this CG/TF/outcome - i'd hope we do properly.