Re: IPFS: the distributed web

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 23:46:30 -0400
To: public-credentials@w3.org
On 09/10/2015 03:12 AM, Victoriano Giralt wrote:
> This http://ipfs.io/ just came to me this morning. And it seems like
> a godsend for the objectives of this group. Maybe not :-)

Hey Victoriano,

We've been in contact with Juan Batiz-Benet (the leader of the IPFS
project) for some time now with regular check-ins with him. They're
looking into using JSON-LD for the wire protocol for IPFS and we're
trying to help them out in that capacity.

The bit of IPFS we care about is IPNS, and as Eric stated, if we can
re-use IPNS instead of having to build out WebDHT, it would be a big win
for both groups. The problem is that we're not sure if we can do that or
not yet.

IPFS is also where Brendan and Andrew (who have joined the Credentials
CG calls) and I met each other - in the IPFS IRC channel.

So, yes, you're right - if we can reuse that work, it would be huge.
We're still trying to work through that with Juan and the rest of the
IPFS team.

blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/