Re: Solutions to the NASCAR problem?

> On 23 Nov 2015, at 15:02, henry.story@bblfish.net wrote:
>

>> I've been watching with interest the work of PARC on this [5], and they recently released a "CCN lite" [6] of CCNx, which a group of programmers have been working on for several years, and apparently across both CCN and NDN there's a large academic support system and some government support money involved.
>
> yep, its definitively interesting. But its difficult to gather the bandwidth for that too,
> when we have people who are struggling understanding how to use the simplest use of RDF
> over http...

Still having said that, I think it would be the role of researchers at the CCN layer to
follow the work evolving at the well understood http layer, try to adapt it as closely
as possible to these other layers, and provide feedback when architectural decisions at one layer are making logical mistakes that appear when enlarging the view to the wider perspective.
That has to be done very carefully, in order not to derail consensus at the simpler layer,
but it would help provide constraints and motivations for doing things correctly.

Henry