Re: Solutions to the NASCAR problem?

From: Henry Story <henry.story@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 16:13:46 +0000
Cc: W3C Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>, "public-webid@w3.org" <public-webid@w3.org>
To: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>

> On 21 Nov 2015, at 07:11, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm interested hearing what's available and what's cooking:
> http://indiewebcamp.com/NASCAR_problem
>
> Just the core (and links), no TL;DR BS please.
>
> Thanx,
> Anders

If the client has a database of identifiers the user can use, then one simple answer
using WebAccessControl [1] is for the client to follow the acl Link header in the returned
response to fetch information about what agents have access to the resource, and then
present the user with the minimal selection of ids, if any.

I am implementing something like this.

Henry

[1] http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebAccessControl
  which we refer from the WebID set of specs
  http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/