W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-credentials@w3.org > November 2015

Re: Credentials CG Telecon Minutes for 2015-11-10

From: Stuart Sutton <sasutton@dublincore.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 03:36:24 -0600
Message-ID: <CAK74qRspL_Yo1BJoUJp7Ef69tPcwJ2jCytRNSr2C9TVqxoWWPA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Cc: Credentials CG <public-credentials@w3.org>
Manu, my aplogies for missing the call and your briefing; but, thanks to
the excellent scribing, it is clear for me that the position you have
framed to extend an explicit, open invitation to those opposed to attend a
CG meeting and present their points of opposition is a quite appropriate
position to take. I've not been on the CG long, but I see no evidence so
far that opposing thoughts would not be fully considered.

Manu, I also firmly agree with your statement "that the work should not
stop if they don't show."

Stuart

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 12:25 PM, <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> Thanks to Dave Longley for scribing this week! The minutes
> for this week's Credentials CG telecon are now available:
>
> http://opencreds.org/minutes/2015-11-10/
>
> Full text of the discussion follows for W3C archival purposes.
> Audio from the meeting is available as well (link provided below).
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Credentials Community Group Telecon Minutes for 2015-11-10
>
> Agenda:
>
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-credentials/2015Nov/0014.html
> Topics:
>   1. Credentials Task Force in WPIG Update
>   2. Tasks for Credentials CG
>   3. Linked Data Fast Track WG Update
> Organizer:
>   Manu Sporny
> Scribe:
>   Dave Longley
> Present:
>   Dave Longley, Manu Sporny, Henry Story, Laura Fowler, Rebecca
>   Simmons, Brian Sletten, Gregg Kellogg, Nate Otto, Eric Korb, John
>   Tibbetts, Chris Webber
> Audio:
>   http://opencreds.org/minutes/2015-11-10/audio.ogg
>
> Dave Longley is scribing.
> Manu Sporny:  Last week we talked about what happened at W3C
>   TPAC. The good news is that the Web Payments IG wants to do
>   something around Credentials; we're trying to figure out where to
>   do the work and where to write the charter and tie up loose ends.
> Manu Sporny:  There's an action item on me to propose a way
>   forward for Credentials at W3C. We made a proposal; it had mixed
>   feedback. We'll discuss that. We'll also be assigning tasks to
>   folks. We'll give an update on our discussion with the SoLiD team
>   as well. We chatted a bit with TimBL on the HTTP signatures stuff
>   as well.
> Henry Story: Ah cool, interested about hearing the discussion on
>   SoLiD
> Manu Sporny:  Anything else we need to cover today?
>
> Topic: Credentials Task Force in WPIG Update
>
> Manu Sporny:
>
> https://www.w3.org/Payments/IG/wiki/Main_Page/ProposalsQ42015/Credentials
> Manu Sporny:  We have made some modifications to the proposal as
>   a result of the call yesterday. I'll review what was proposed and
>   then talk next steps.
> Manu Sporny:  The goal is to determine whether or not a W3C
>   Working Group should be created. The outcome of this task force
>   will either be a charter for the W3C member to vote on to start
>   the work or it's going to be a finding that we should not do the
>   work at W3C. Clearly, the people in this group would like to see
>   it started at W3C. There are some other people who feel the world
>   isn't ready to see this work start.
> Manu Sporny:  A lot of the proposal is based on the survey we
>   did. 58 orgs filled it out; how they view a proper credential
>   ecosystem. We had them rate capabilities. We kept it data driven
>   and so it was difficult for people who are against the work to
>   argue against.
> Manu Sporny:
>
> https://www.w3.org/Payments/IG/wiki/Main_Page/ProposalsQ42015/Credentials#Concerns
> Manu Sporny:  There were a number of concerns that were raised.
>   The concerns were added to the wiki.
> Manu Sporny:  Some of those concerns are questions we need to
>   answer. Some of them we are in no position to answer. "What is
>   the jurisdictional scope of a credential and how are they
>   regulated?" Way too early to answer but it was raised as a
>   question to answer at some point.
> Manu Sporny:  In general, the IG said "Yes, we should do
>   something about this and this proposal isn't offbase." Only +1's
>   to say we should proceed with the work. The pushback was where
>   the work would happen.
> Manu Sporny:  The proposal was that this group (this CG) would
>   just shift gears and work on the questions.
> Manu Sporny:  There was almost immediate objection to that.
>   Because there are people (some of whom we know, and some of whom
>   we don't know) that feel that we don't have a neutral forum here.
>   Meaning, we've worked on technology like the Open Badges stuff,
>   technical implementations have been discussed and because of
>   that, this group isn't neutral.
> Henry Story: Argh.
> Manu Sporny:  A request was made for another group to be made
>   that can't talk about the technology; and only talk about
>   capabilities.
> Manu Sporny:  Speaking as an individual, this is fantastically
>   frustrating because we strive to be very neutral in this group
>   and have a good track record of doing so. This group started out
>   with use cases and no particular technology focus. We had two
>   input specs. We didn't have a strong technical view, etc. we did
>   discussions, found data, worked from there. There are people are
>   saying (again, people we don't know who they are) that we aren't
>   neutral and that they weren't involved. These people didn't join
>   the work a year or so ago but now they are saying that their
>   views weren't taken into account. We have identified a number of
>   people that we *do* know and we've been talking with them and
>   asking them to discuss things with us and that's great and is not
>   an issue. The problem is the people who are only talking through
>   W3C staff and we can't talk to them directly ... and the only
>   solution seems to be creating a new group that is filled with the
>   same people in this group, plus a few more, and that can't talk
>   about technology solutions.
> Manu Sporny:  Please provide your input ... do you support a new
>   Community Group focused only on capabilities and writing, no
>   tech, etc. We need to hear opinions from this group.
> Henry Story:  If I look at the Linked Data Protocol group, which
>   was headed by IBM. They had implementations, they had a lot of
>   people, they had narrowed down the technology and the specifics
>   and a proposal put forward. This seems suspicious to me; I don't
>   know the process all that mutch, but it seems a bit weird.
> Henry Story:  I'd like to speak with Arnaud and see what he said.
>   I think you just need 20 members or some percentage to get people
>   on board. The danger is if you get too many people on board then
>   it's too general and becomes hard to succeed. That's me from an
>   outsider's perspective.
> Henry Story:  You have more understanding, Manu, of the politics.
> Manu Sporny:  I think you're right in that it's strange. I think
>   there's a fair degree of misunderstanding. There is a mismatch
>   between what we're trying to do and what people think we're doing
>   here. Let me try and draw where the various points of confusion
>   are. I think there's a misunderstanding on what we're working on.
>   Like we're working on authentication protocols like FIDO. We're
>   absolutely not doing that here. The tech we're using here could
>   be used with authentication but that's not what we're primarily
>   pushing here.
> Manu Sporny:  So there's confusion and objection over that.
> Manu Sporny:  There's also confusion over where this group
>   started. This group started with "we need to have verifiable
>   claims/attributes" and we called them credentials and we were
>   open to anyone to come and discuss at length.
> Manu Sporny:  I think one problem is that there is some work
>   going on at IETF that is similar; that group had already started
>   and was already charted and once chartered they really push their
>   world view. For example JOSE. There's nothing wrong with that
>   there's a good technical implementation that fits their use
>   cases. But their use cases aren't our use cases. And some people
>   looked at this work and thought "nothing needs to be done." Now a
>   year later, we have another group at W3C are backing doing work
>   with Credentials. Now that other group is objecting because there
>   would be two technical specs that conflict with one another.
>   There are some things in common but I think the OpenID Connect,
>   OAuth, IETF folks think there is more overlap than there is. For
>   example, with the digital signature stuff, the JOSE folks are
>   looking at that and saying "The Open Credentials folks are coming
>   up with a new signature format" but they don't understand Linked
>   Data; they aren't looking at the technology and they are just
>   saying "We should just try to use their stuff before doing
>   something new" without understanding that we already tried that.
>   The mistake we made was not better documenting that effort.
> Manu Sporny:  There are a couple of places where there is
>   confusion: authentication vs. authorization, etc. and there are
>   objections that our group is trying to do something that has been
>   done before. There are people that don't understand the
>   technology and some say we need to slow the process so people can
>   understand that.
> Henry Story: Yep makes sense
> Manu Sporny:  I think those are the politics being played but I
>   don't think any of it is mean spirited, I just think it's people
>   who aren't familiar with the work we're trying to do and jumping
>   to conclusions. And then those people talk to W3C staff and say
>   "You are on the brink of doing work that's being done elsewhere"
>   And W3C doesn't want to do that and says we need to document
>   what's different.
> Rebecca Simmons:  What you said makes sense, but as an outsider
>   it's hard to say what needs to be done.
> Henry Story: It would be itneresting to have a document to show
>   how what you are doing goes beyond jose, for example.
> Manu Sporny:  If we can answer all of the criticisms and make
>   everyone happy then we can create a charter and go forward with
>   the work.
> Henry Story: I have some ideas, of how it goes beyond, but it is
>   interesting to know it.
> Brian Sletten: If we create a new CG, what's to stop them from
>   throwing up obstacles to that CG?
> Manu Sporny:  One primary question for this group: Do we want to
>   push back and say "This CG you are proposing is the same thing
>   we've already done. We'd rather have the people who are objecting
>   make themselves known and join us and have the discussion in
>   public." the other choice is "We'll create a new CG that doesn't
>   talk technology at all and just talks capabilities and that group
>   is going to go out and focus these people who are having issues
>   and document their objections."
> Manu Sporny:  Or there might be another option? Thoughts from the
>   group?
> Gregg Kellogg:  It seems clear that this is just a mechanism to
>   push through their own agenda to overwhelm a new group. Even
>   though technology discussions are off the table there I can see
>   how it would be phrased to push one tech over another. It seems
>   like a big scheme to me. I do think that the work we've done over
>   the last year is exactly what a new group would do. I'd like to
>   know what would be in front of a new CG that would be different
>   that might then lead to a different outcome; otherwise it's a lot
>   of wasted effort of a lot of people's time for no good reason
>   other than to satisfy a powerful minority that seems frustrated.
> Henry Story: That makes sense to try to find out what these
>   people want.
> Manu Sporny:  To go back to Henry's point, you only need 20-25
>   member companies to say this work should start; but that is only
>   after getting W3C Management approval. They have to agree there
>   is consensus around what to work on. Right now ... I thought it
>   was there, positive feedback from CEO and some staff contacts,
>   but the person in charge of making the decision is unconvinced.
>   We want to reach out to that person to find out what would
>   convince them. I believe it's down to one person that is holding
>   the process up.
> Manu Sporny:  I think the general point that the W3C staff
>   members in the IG were making was that, "yes, we realize that
>   this is somewhat annoying, but you need to create a neutral
>   playing field. If a group of people are saying there isn't a
>   neutral field, you need to create one so they'll come in." One
>   proposal is to create a new CG with the same calls and time as
>   this one (just replace it) but tightly focus that group around
>   the creation of a charter and answering the questions around what
>   needs to be done.
> Manu Sporny:  So there are maybe 8 people, at most, that we need
>   to interview. We can say it has to be on the record and public on
>   what needs to be done. Once we get all those interviews out of
>   the way, we will clear those interviews with the W3C staff who
>   are saying people are objecting; we'll get a list from them and
>   interview those people, clearly document those concerns, etc. and
>   then hope that the argument that those people feel they aren't
>   being heard is addressed.
> Manu Sporny:  The other approach is that we have way more than 20
>   orgs that want to start this work.
> Manu Sporny:  We could, instead, and say "If you want something
>   else done, you have to propose something. Everyone can't just
>   stop because someone feels there's some nebulous better solution
>   out there... if you feel it's out there, propose it so the group
>   can talk about it."
> Dave Longley:  It would be an option to invite them to this
>   group. I know they don't think this group is a natural fit. We're
>   going to bring together the same group of people w/ other people.
>   Could we invite them specifically? [scribe assist by Manu Sporny]
> Dave Longley:  Make it a more formal invitation to those that
>   have concerns - we want them to talk about concerns - we want
>   this to be a neutral group. [scribe assist by Manu Sporny]
> Manu Sporny:  I proposed that and they said "It doesn't matter,
>   they don't think you have a neutral group so they won't
>   participate."
> Manu Sporny:  So we could say "ok, fine, people seem to think
>   this isn't a neutral group, so let's just create a new group."
>   But we'd have all the same people like you said, with a new group
>   name. We'd just be going through new mailing list and set up and
>   all that.
> Manu Sporny:  I believe that the W3C staff wants to hear from the
>   rest of this group. If they don't hear from the rest of the
>   people in this CG, and no one else speaks up, their counter
>   argument is going to be that it's just Digital Bazaar's opinion,
>   not the groups.
> Manu Sporny:  Gregg and Henry spoke up but we need more people to
>   voice their opinions on where they want this group to go.
> Manu Sporny:  If we say people can just join this group the
>   counter argument will be that they won't join because it's not a
>   neutral group. If we have people in this group clearly saying we
>   should either "Create a new group" or "No, same people would
>   join."
> Nate Otto: Without all the context, I think creating a new group
>   would be more work for uncertain gains.
> Brian Sletten:  If we create a new group and they don't come ...
>   procedurally what is our response? At some point they are just
>   doing a denial of service attack.
> Eric Korb: Why is the onus on us to do this work? How do we
>   substantiate their claims?
> Manu Sporny:  Procedurally, we'd have to write a new charter, get
>   approval of the charter, create the group via W3C CG process,
>   create new mailing list, new IRC channel, etc. About a week. Once
>   we do all that it would be all of us on the call again, but
>   hopefully 4-5 more people.
> Brian Sletten:  If they still don't show up, what then?
> Manu Sporny:  It helps if we can say there are some folks in the
>   group that believe this won't help.
> Brian Sletten:  At some point you need to be out in the open, you
>   can't just hide behind anonymity and try to stop work that other
>   people are working on.
> John Tibbetts:  We've done a lot of homework over the last few
>   years and months, including the survey. It's time to start
>   talking about the technology issues. Talking about the technology
>   helps you think about the problem; it's time to be doing that. I
>   think we need to push back on that.
> John Tibbetts:  We need to get on with it.
> Eric Korb: So, lets object to their work!
> Manu Sporny:  Eric asks "How do we substantiate their claims?"
>   This is asymmetric. We do a lot of work to answer a concern and
>   then there's an objection that says "No you didn't cover this
>   other thing." This is coming from someone who cares about
>   privacy/security, which is good, but they don't have a company
>   that depends on the tech, they aren't going to deploy it, etc --
>   lower priority. One of the problems with that is that we went out
>   and documented a bunch of the stuff we've been saying here in
>   this group and doing an enormous amount of work which has moved
>   things forward a bit, but not far enough. The onus is on us
>   because we want to do something; all anyone else has to do is
>   just object. One reason the onus has continued to be on us is
>   because we've been very receptive to questions and concerns of
>   people outside this group. It is getting to the point where we're
>   wondering when we've done enough work.
> Manu Sporny:  Eric, we can't object to their work because some of
>   them aren't doing any, and others of them aren't working on the
>   problems we're working on. They are just objecting to our work
>   because they think we're working on the same stuff, but we're
>   not.
> Nate Otto: I have found this group to have some members who have
>   clear ideas about a technical direction to proceed in, but that
>   those people are very open to making sure that we are building
>   the right technology and formulating our use cases properly. We
>   hope this effort moves forward. (Nate Otto, Director, Badge
>   Alliance)
> Eric Korb: Manu, thx
> Manu Sporny:  The only work out there to "object" to would be
>   things like OpenID Connect/OAuth/SAML/etc, but we don't even
>   necessarily object to those technologies, some of them may work
>   for their use cases, etc -- this again has to do with the
>   misunderstandings. SAML and OpenID Connect doesn't work for our
>   use cases, and that's the issue. There is work we're doing like
>   the expression of a digital credential, there is no work out
>   there that is as extensive as we've done. There are things like
>   "here's how you can express an email address or a name" but
>   there's no work about cryptographically verifiable claims like
>   education credentials, doctor's licenses, where people work, etc.
>   That is being proposed/created by this group.
> Chris Webber: So I'll speak up mainly so that I am on the record.
>   For me, this work is very important because in order to really
>   see federation succeed, I think we need to have clear
>   authorization systems and methods of verifying that communication
>   has come from one place to another.  We've already seen this in
>   the ActivityPump spec, where we are basically forced to keep
>   record of conversation forever in order so that clients can
>   verify its source.
> Chris Webber: This is bad if you are concerned with privacy.
> Henry Story: Though you need to be careful about authorization.
> Eric Korb: +1 Nate
> Chris Webber: Right
> Chris Webber: Authentication and credentials are one of the
>   notoriously hardest parts to get working right in federated
>   systems.  I have a lot of confidence in the members of this group
>   to think things through well.
> Manu Sporny:  So I'm going to play devil's advocate here; W3C
>   staff would channel these other people and say "Yes, but, you
>   need a clear set of use cases and you need buy in around that set
>   of use cases and you need to talk about capabilities before you
>   talking about specs or anything of that nature."
> Manu Sporny:  I can take the minutes from today and push back.
>   The group can say "We'd like to just do the interviews in the
>   group and talk about it with them."
> Manu Sporny:  It seems like there is consensus around the group
>   that "creating a new CG wouldn't address the issues". People feel
>   that they aren't being heard so let's bring them in and listen to
>   them and write down those concerns... and maybe from that we can
>   figure out if people think they are being heard or if we need a
>   new group."
> Eric Korb: +1 Chris
> Manu Sporny:  I think we have high attendance in these calls
>   because we've really tried to be open and transparent.
> Dave Longley:  I second the notion to figure out if the group is
>   neutral - why don't people come to the group and receive their
>   concerns - why don't we just try that instead of assuming this
>   group is not neutral. They should come and try out the group -
>   that hasn't even happened yet. The people that have these
>   concerns haven't even come to the group to try it out. Let's give
>   it a shot. If a new group needs to be created, so be it. [scribe
>   assist by Manu Sporny]
> Dave Longley:  I would expect that we'd give them a warm welcome
>   and address their concerns. [scribe assist by Manu Sporny]
> Eric Korb: +1 Dlongley
> Henry Story: +1 I agree. I am new to the group, and it feels very
>   friendly here.
> Manu Sporny:  So I think consensus is that we should invite
>   people who have concerns and we can spend 30 mins to 1 hour with
>   them and clearly document their concerns and how they'd like to
>   proceed. Once we've done that, we could talk to them and ask if
>   they feel that they are being listened to.
> Chris Webber: Yes, I've experienced a lot of patience and
>   thoughtful consideration with my questions here :)
> Manu Sporny:  Then we can see where we are at that point. So
>   let's not start a new group and instead invite people here and
>   see what they have to say and we'll document and circle back
>   around and see if they feel heard. If they are, there's no need
>   to create a new group.
> John Tibbetts: I support the work in this group because it takes
>   a higher-level semantic viewpoint for web security; that is, a
>   concept of credential, rather than just focussing on the
>   lower-level flows and protocols...This is what we need for the
>   more semantically rich credentials to support something like an
>   electronic transcript.  John Tibbetts, IMS Global Chief Product
>   Architect.
> Dave Longley:  +1 To that proposal
> Henry Story: And I think the other is to speak about the size of
>   the members support
> Brian Sletten:  I think the other part of the response would be
>   to just find out what the exact objections are that are keeping
>   us from moving forward. If they don't act in good faith, what is
>   our recourse?
> Henry Story: ( I don't actually know how big the support is being
>   new to this group )
> Manu Sporny:  Yes, to get that before we proceed. We want it to
>   be clear to us that we aren't wasting our time and so it's clear
>   to the others what is happening if they don't participate in the
>   discussion.
> Manu Sporny:  Eric, if they dont' show, we need to clearly
>   negotiate what happens in that case. I'm going to strongly assert
>   that the work should not stop if they don't show. We've got a
>   number of people around the table that want the work to proceed;
>   we don't want it held hostage by people who won't discuss.
> Eric Korb: As CEO of Accreditrust, I echo Nate Otto's comments,
>   "I have found this group to have some members who have clear
>   ideas about a technical direction to proceed in, but that those
>   people are very open to making sure that we are building the
>   right technology and formulating our use cases properly."
> Manu Sporny:  There's already enough member support to approve a
>   charter and the hope is that it's growing.
> Manu Sporny:  We have 44 organizations saying "Yes, we want this
>   problem solved", 17 of them are W3C members, 7 of them are
>   non-members that would join, and 16 of them are sitting on the
>   fence.
> Eric Korb: I also support the opinions of JohnTib, "I support the
>   work in this group because it takes a higher-level semantic
>   viewpoint for web security; that is, a concept of credential,
>   rather than just focussing on the lower-level flows and
>   protocols...This is what we need for the more semantically rich
>   credentials to support something like an electronic transcript."
> Manu Sporny:  I'm going to take what has been said in the call
>   today back to W3C staff. Say that the group would like to start
>   by interviewing all these folks that have not been necessarily
>   supportive/critical of the work, etc and get all their thoughts
>   down. And that specifically that we feel that creating a new
>   group is unnecessary; that this is an open forum. People and
>   their orgs can come in and we can document their concerns.
>
> Topic: Tasks for Credentials CG
>
> Manu Sporny: https://github.com/opencreds/website/issues/14
> Manu Sporny:  The more people we have on these tasks and the
>   faster we can get the list done the faster we can get to a
>   charter for a WG. A lot of this is documentation work. We need to
>   explain our thinking around each one of these items. Will anyone
>   volunteer for what's on that list?
> Brian Sletten:  What's the time frame?
> Nate Otto: I can put some time in... looking
> Manu Sporny:  ASAP. If we can get it all done in 4 months, we can
>   potentially get a group started then. If it's 8 months, it's that
>   long.
> Henry Story: My guess is that January would be the fastest any
>   work can be done.
> Manu Sporny:  If you say, for example, say you sign up for
>   "Create a comparison between Identity Credentials and OpenID
>   Connect" then you'd write a paper/blog post on that.
> Brian Sletten:  I'll commit to a couple of them.
> Nate Otto: I can do one or two of the comparison blog posts at
>   least.
> Manu Sporny:  Just tell me offline what you're signing up for and
>   I'll put your name beside it.
> Henry Story: I am still too new to this work, but I'll be
>   interested to review
> Eric Korb: I updated doc
> Nate Otto:  I can do both SAML and OpenID Connect.
>
> Topic: Linked Data Fast Track WG Update
>
> Manu Sporny:  We demo'd the credentials work to Sir Tim Berners
>   Lee's team at MIT. I know Henry is involved with that team as
>   well. There is consensus to coordinate on RDF Dataset
>   Normalization and Linked Data Signatures. I had a fairly in depth
>   conversation with Tim about that. Right now there is a fast track
>   proposal for the RDF Dataset Normalization work. We will work on
>   a charter and still need 20 votes, but believe we can do it.
>   There's no one pushing back, it's just a matter of writing the
>   charter, get feedback, and then put in front of W3C staff and
>   then membership for a vote.
> Manu Sporny:  Any other concerns/comments on the direction we're
>   taking over the next week or so?
> Henry Story: Is that Linked Data Fast Track _Platform_ or  just
>   Linked Data Fast Track?
> None
> Manu Sporny: Henry, it's really "Specification Fast Track" - one
>   of the first specs might be the RDF Dataset Normalization spec.
> Henry Story: What is the Fast track thing? Is it to do with LDP
>   or with Linked Data?
> Henry Story: Ah cool
> Manu Sporny: It's to do w/ general W3C process. A number of the
>   member companies at W3C TPAC this year were trying to figure out
>   a way to get a spec to REC faster than the 4+ year process it
>   takes.
> Manu Sporny: JSON-LD made it through in 2 years.
> Manu Sporny: I think they're trying to speed it up to 1 year now.
> Henry Story: Btw. does your normalisation algorithm allow me to
>   normalise rdf to disk, so as to minimize differences when someone
>   edits a file?
> Manu Sporny: The idea is that you start at CR (if you have a
>   fully baked spec, at least two implementations, and a test suite)
> Henry Story: Nice
> Henry Story: And here they want to do PATCH too?
> Manu Sporny: The normalization algorithm that dlongley created
>   does enable you to normalize RDF to disk
> Manu Sporny: PATCH may be in a different fast track group
> Manu Sporny: We're trying to focus on something that has an
>   almost guaranteed chance of success.
> Henry Story: Yes. makes sense.
> Manu Sporny: There are some that are saying that LD Patch isn't
>   ready
> Manu Sporny: I don't think anyone is saying RDF Dataset
>   Normalization isn't ready.
> Manu Sporny: We're just trying to reduce the number of variables
>   that might create failure.
> Henry Story: ( I can imagine that it can be complex as new
>   mathematical algorithms come out )
> Manu Sporny: There are improvements that could be made (for
>   example, memory consumption w/ large bnode graphs), but we have
>   to cut version 1.0 at some point.
> Manu Sporny: And the solutions that the algorithm creates aren't
>   wrong, we just need to seek if we have consensus since a
>   standardized solution doesn't exist right now.
>
>
>
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 11 November 2015 09:39:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 11 July 2018 21:19:26 UTC