Re: Sanity Check

I'd love to see more implementations of badges in WordPress, particularly
among forward-looking developers interested in using semantic web
technologies.

You don't necessarily need a full JSON API for all of WordPress in order to
serve some documents with JSON, but it does look like work is proceeding on
adding a RESTful JSON API into WP core. If you go that route, you could
essentially build a custom post type to deliver assertion material.

If you choose to follow the Open Badges Spec (see soon-to-be-ready
linked-data-friendly draft at http://specification.openbadges.org ), you
can take advantage of a community and software that already understands
images-with-metadata as credentials.

Cryptographic verification in the Open Badges spec currently uses JWT,
though if you prefer Sporny et. al's Linked Data Signatures spec, you may
use that instead, provided you also use the OBI "hosted" verification
method, making the credential JSON available at its @id URL.

Nate Otto, Developer
concentricsky.com