Credential Sync - Any solution in sight?

From: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 10:37:13 +0200
To: W3C Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
Since credential sync was mentioned as a missing feature in the WebAppSec Credential Management FPWD,
I would be interested in hearing a bit more what kind of solutions you had in mind.

It appears to be a non-trivial matter, particularly if you want to exclude the sync-service from direct access to
key material.  I guess there's a mine-field of patents here as well.

For certain types of credentials like eID, I don't expect sync to be applicable since export of private keys
usually is forbidden.   This is though not such a major problem because you could (if the technology was there...),
use one device to securely enroll a "clone" on another device.  This also allows selective revoke, something
which is less possible with synced credentials.  Maybe remote wipe is the better solution?

Anders