Re: New JSON-LD digital signature library for Javascript (browsers and node.js)

On 8 December 2014 at 04:31, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> Digital Bazaar has just released a convenience library for creating and
> verifying JSON-LD Signatures in Javascript in the browser and in node.js:
>
> https://github.com/digitalbazaar/jsonld-signatures/
>
> The package is in npm (and bower):
>
> https://www.npmjs.org/package/jsonld-signatures
>
> The software is released under a BSD license (free for use in both open
> source and proprietary systems).
>
> If you're interested in what the digital signature creation process
> looks like, here it is:
>

> https://github.com/digitalbazaar/jsonld-signatures/blob/master/lib/jsonld-signatures.js#L109
>
> and the digital signature verification process:
>

> https://github.com/digitalbazaar/jsonld-signatures/blob/master/lib/jsonld-signatures.js#L207

Awesome!

I'm right it only works with RSA keys right now, e.g. not with bitcoin ECC?

Slight nit pick:  perhaps the graph signature 2012 URL could be a default
option?

Three things I'd love to see as convenience functions:

1. Normalize -- Done
2. Signing -- Done
3. Hash content into ID, so that blank nodes can easily be replaced with a
URI (I'd suggest ni:///sha256;<base64urlhash>

(3) would facilitate (2) more easily, imho, as part of a common 3 step
process

Thoughts / good idea / bad idea?