Re: Preliminary Credentials Use Cases

On 08/26/2014 03:34 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> I think it is important realizing that web-based credential sync is
> already featured in iOS and in Google Wallet.

Which specific features are you talking about? The auto-credit card
features? Or request-autocomplete? Or something else?

> AFAIK, these webs never expose any information to external parties,
> they are effectively cloud-based smart cards.

Hmm, depends on what you mean by "expose any information", clearly some
information has to be exposed for the service to be useful. Are you
talking PKI signatures here, or something else?

> This is probably not what you are targeting, right?

There are a number of organizations each targeting something slightly
different. The use case is trying to capture the general theme without
being overly prescriptive. If you could elaborate on the above
(preferably with links) that would help us figure out what you consider
in scope and out of scope. :)