Re: Preliminary Credentials Use Cases

On 08/25/2014 04:09 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
>> Use Case: Store basic credentials and payment provider information
>> on the Web in a way that is easy to share with various
>> payees/merchants given authorization by the owner (payee) of the
>> credential, and that is easy to synchronize between devices.
>
> I don't fully understand this.  Either you publish information on
> the web for access by other parties OR you keep information in
> [preferably synchronized] devices and only provide information
> *through* the devices.
>
> Which one is it?

Well, it's not purely an OR distinction. It is possible to store the
information on the Web and synchronize it to devices whenever they
connect. It is also simultaneously possible to modify the information on
a device and write it back to a location on the Web (having that
information propagate to other devices). Github is a great example of
this mechanism at play. CouchDB is another.

We could split this use case into two, having one use case deal w/
permanent online storage/transmission of credentials and another one
dealing w/ device synchronization.

Personally, I think we should chuck device synchronization out, but this
was a use case that was brought up by the mobile vendors during the
payments workshop in Paris.

More thoughts on this would be good so we could refine the use case.