Re: Some templates started [Was: Missing op agreement warning]

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 08:50:44 -0600
Cc: "Young, Milan" <Milan.Young@nuance.com>, "public-council@w3.org" <public-council@w3.org>
To: Wayne Carr <wayne.carr@linux.intel.com>

On 2 Jan 2013, at 10:24 PM, Wayne Carr wrote:

> I'm starting to understand Milan's point better.  Saying "ask them" when the problem he's worried about is not trusting them, doesn't help, and possibly hurts.  But I'd also like to keep it positive in tone, like it is.
>
> How about:
>
> Note: This group does not (yet) have a charter that describes its scope,
> deliverables, and decision process. Groups that clearly document their
> practices promote participation, build trust, and avoid conflict that arises from
> differing expectations. In the absence of a charter, participants may find
> that the way decisions are made change over time or violate their expectations
> of how the group was to operate.

Thanks Wayne. I'd like to counter-propose this one:

Note: This group does not (yet) have a charter that describes its scope,
deliverables, and decision process. Groups that clearly document their
practices promote participation and foster trust. Inversely, groups that
do not document their practices run a greater risk of surprising or disappointing
participants due to different expectations about operations and decision-making.

Notes on my changes:

 * I would like to avoid "violate"
 * The last two sentences are more or less the inverses of one another, so I added "inversely"

Ian