Re: [CG improvements] markdown

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 15:26:06 -0600
Cc: "public-council@w3.org" <public-council@w3.org>
To: Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com>

On 29 Feb 2012, at 3:30 AM, Tobie Langel wrote:

> Would be awesome if the blogging tool supported authoring with a variety
> of formats (Markdown, Textile, etc).
>
> Or just Markdown would do for me. :)

Hi Tobie,

I've installed a plugin for you [1]. It behaves like this:

 * Your posts are treated as markdown unless you say not to (see the UI on the right side of the new post form)
 * The plugin saves both a markdown version of your post (so you can edit it) and a generated HTML version (so that if we remove the plug-in, you'll still see your post).

Let me know whether it meets your needs.

Ian

[1] http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/markdown-on-save-improved/